Tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 18), from 10:00 am – 8:00 pm at Holy Cross Gymnasium Hall (300 Dubuc St.) is CWE’s Legends of Wrestling: Professional Wrestling & Sports Convention.
As a pro wrestling fan, this is HUGE for me as there has never been an event like this in Winnipeg before. You can go and interact with some of the all-time greats that you watched growing up. There will be 6 WWE Hall of Famers there!
- Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat
- Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan
- ‘Mr. Wonderful’ Paul Orndorff
- AWA legend Baron Von Raschke
- Two of the 4 Horsemen (Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard)
- ‘The Genius’ Lanny Poffo
- Winnipeg’s own Cyrus (former WWE & ECW star & current New Japan Pro Wrestling English commentator)
- Legendary WWE ring announcer Howard Finkel
- ‘The Grappler’ Len Denton
- And more!
If you’ve never been to an event like this, basically how it works is you pay to get in and then everyone has their own prices for autographs and pictures. So it is very cool that there is a “Super Ticket” that costs $150 and it allows you entry to the convention and gives you the ability to meet all of the official convention guests and get an autograph and a photo with each of them. You also get access to every convention guest Q & A session and you don’t have to wait in any lines because you have front-of-the-line VIP access!
I’ll be there tomorrow, starstruck over some of my heroes from when I was a kid. And I hope to see you there!
Get your tickets now at www.cwetickets.com or you can buy them at the door. FYI – There are limited Super Tickets available!