- Get the junk out of your trunk — okay maybe I should rephrase that…take all the extra stuff out of your vehicle’s trunk! Extra weight in your car decreases fuel efficiency…which cost you money – so lighten your load and save some cash!
- If you still get magazines – Share them! Used goods collection agencies like Goodwill will usually accept them. You can also pass them along to a doctor’s office for the waiting room…you can always opt for the on-line version too!
- Research shows antimicrobial ingredients are no better at washing away germs than those without it—and they may actually contribute to allergies, impaired reproduction, hormone disruption, and weakened muscles. So, stock up on soaps without these ingredients!
- Replace your vinyl shower curtains with something nicer! Trade the vinyl for PVC-free plastic, cloth, or bamboo. You’ll avoid more than 108 different chemicals vinyl emits into the air, as well as that unpleasant plastic-y odor. Cloth or Bamboo usually lasts longer too!
- Each compact fluorescent lightbulb (or CFL) saves you about six dollars per year in energy costs, according to Energy Star. CFLs suck up to 75 per cent less energy than incandescent light bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
- Maximize your freezer space! Keeping your freezer fully stocked is key to saving time, money, and stress when putting together meals, but did you know it’s also the most eco-friendly use of the space? That’s because it takes a lot more energy to cool an empty space
Check back often for more GREEN TIPS!